Approved Training Providers
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act program is geared towards customer choice. Individuals who are interested in training assistance will review and research the options on the state approved program list.
Workforce Investment Solutions enrolls eligible job seekers in training programs within our three key industry sectors: healthcare, manufacturing and logistics.
Workforce Investment Solutions helps eligible job seekers including:
- Laid off or terminated workers
- Low income adults and youth
- Homemakers previously dependent on a family member’s income
- Individuals who were previously self-employed
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding is available to eligible and suitable clients who require additional skills in order to obtain self-sufficient employment. Under this Act, local workforce areas are required to fund high growth occupations based on our local labor market. On a yearly basis, the Workforce Innovation Board (WIB) reviews training providers and programs, to ensure the programs lead to long-term self-sufficient employment.
Based on local labor market information, Career Planners will examine which training programs are viable options. Career Planners take into consideration prior education, experience, personal goals, barriers, individual/family self-sufficiency, and individual probability of success. Some programs have special considerations for approval and enrollment.
If you have reviewed the information above for the WIOA program, and would like to learn how to apply for assistance, we invite you to attend one of our Orientations.
Orientations are offered on a walk-in basis, you are not required to make an appointment or register in order to attend. These Orientations are required as part of the application process for the WIOA program.
At Workforce Investment Solutions, we prepare you for jobs in demand. Whether you’re entering the workforce for the first time, an existing professional, re-entering the workforce, a military veteran or looking to enhance skills for better earning power, we can assist in preparing and referring you to employers. Staff will provide support with all aspects of your career development and enhancement.
- The Orientation Process was developed to assist in recruitment, assessment and selection of individuals
- Learn about the application process for Workforce Investment Solutions training programs
- Gain knowledge about funding opportunities for college or certification programs (tuition, books, fees)
- Participate in the “Interest Profiler” to find a high growth occupations best suited for the individual
SERVICES FOR JOB SEEKERS INCLUDE:
- Career Exploration
- Career Resources
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing Assistance
- Computer/Fax/Telephone/Copy Service
- Job Testing & Assessment
- Salary & Labor Market Information
- Job Listings & Access to Job Banks
- Job Referrals
- Interview Preparation
Workforce Investment Solutions offers workshops to assist in your job search (use the flyer emailed for description)
- Develop a professional resume to increase you chance of employment
- Learn which styles best display your knowledge, skills and experience
- Gain maximum exposure through Illinois Job Link and other employment websites
Boot Camp – (two ½ days)
- Learn job search techniques and interviewing skills
- Discover effective ways to look for work and make your job search a priority
- Prepare effective impressive answers to frequently asked interview questions
- Develop an elevator speech to describe who you are, what you know and what you have to offer
- Learn to handle interviews like a pro
- Stay up-to-date on the latest techniques
- Prepare for behavioral interview questions by practicing responses
- Getting started with the mouse, keyboard and computer
- Improve your job search skills
On-line Job Applications
- Learn where to apply for jobs on-line
- Safe websites for on-line searching
- How to copy, paste, save and upload your resume